Improving Computer and Tablet Skills of Adults in Aiken
We can teach you to use your computer, regardless of your experience level, in a relaxed manner tailored to adults. We are here to help you improve your computer skills. If you have never used a computer, we will get you started with our beginning courses. If you know the basics and want to refine your skills, we will help you with our advanced courses. For more information, contact us.
Current News and Announcements
- Fall Session. Registration is open for the Fall Session. See the Course Schedule here. You may download the complete catalog here. Classes begin the week of September 18.
- Open House. The Open House and Registration for the Fall Session will be held at the Learning Center on September 8, 2017, from 10:00 AM until 2:00 PM. Come register for a class or get your questions answered. You may also register by mail beginning August 3.
- New Help Page. We have added some new pages to our site to help you find and select a course to take. Go to the new page for help with the schedule or the new page to search for a course. Let us know if you find these useful at the email address at the bottom of this page.
- Volunteers Needed. If you have some computer skills—no need to be an "expert"— and would like the satisfaction of sharing them with others, come join us at McGrath. Send an email to email@example.com to let us know you're interested. No requirements except willingness to learn and ability to communicate.
- Windows 10. All of our desktop courses (except our Mac courses) are taught on computers running Windows 10. For our courses taught with a specific application, such as Microsoft Word 2013 or Microsoft Excel 2013, the course is the same under Windows 7, 8.1, or 10.
- Sign-up for our mailing list online. You may sign-up for our email list and/or our printed catalog mailing list online. Go to the sign-up form here.
- Open Lab. When classes are in session, we conduct an Open Lab for students to attend and get help. You may also register for an upcoming course at Open Lab. Volunteers manning Open Lab will have forms and be ready to accept your registration and to try to answer any question you have. Open Lab is held Wednesday afternoon during the term from 3:00 until 5:00.
- Have a Question? If you have a question about our organization, check our our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page. It presents answers to many questions about the McGrath Computer Learning Center and its courses. If you don't find an answer there, please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call us at (803) 641-3741.
McGrath Computer Learning Center
Office of Conferences and Continuing Education
University of South Carolina Aiken
471 University Parkway
Aiken, SC 29801
Please add our site to the Bookmarks/Favorites in your web browser. You may do this easily by pressing the Ctrl and D keys together now (Mac users press Command and D).
Holding area for text that may be reused after editing:
The three lines below are the main headline box. Copy these above Current News to replace this box. Need to add back the final block terminator of opening and closing angle brackets to the end--could not include them here as they prematurely ended the "comment" block.
(add two closing angle brackets here)bgcolor=#EFF2FB padding='0px 0px 10px 0px' border='solid 1px black'(add two opening angle brackets here)
(add two closing angle brackets here)(add two opening angle brackets here)
- Workshops are two-hour classes that meet one time and focus on a specific topic. If you can't fit a full four- or eight-week course into your schedule, perhaps you can fit a workshop in. Descriptions of all our workshops can be found here?. Registration for a workshop can be made at any time up to 2 days before the workshop is held. The workshops scheduled for the remainder of the Winter Session are:
%p font-size='1em' padding='10px' mar