We can teach you to use your computer, regardless of your experience level, in a relaxed manner tailored to adults. We are here to help you improve your computer skills. If you have never used a computer, we will get you started with our beginning courses. If you know the basics and want to refine your skills, we will help you with our advanced courses. For more information, contact us.
New Day at McGrath
After a 15-year, fantastically productive association with SeniorNet, the McGrath Computer Learning Center at USCA is going independent. As of January 1, 2015, we will be an incorporated, tax-exempt organization associated with the Office of Continuing Education at the University of South Carolina Aiken.
We value our years with SeniorNet and more than 5,000 students in the Aiken community have taken our SeniorNet courses. The landscape in the computer world is changing with emphasis on tablet computers and social media. We believe we can provide better service to the community as an independent organization. For our upcoming Winter session beginning in January, we will have all new shorter, more streamlined courses. Check out the course schedule and the registration options.
The Center is still in the same place, in the same business, and with the same group of dedicated volunteers. But in the future, when you think SeniorNet, remember that we will become the McGrath Computer Learning Center on January 1.
Current News and Announcements
- New Facebook Content. On our Facebook page, we are beginning a new series of posts. Each post will highlight one of the courses we will offer in January and describe why you should take it and how you will benefit. We hope to provide you, the prospective student, with more information about the course than you can find in the course description in our catalog and on our web page.
- Winter Registration Open. Registration for the Winter session to begin in January is open. Check the schedule of courses and decide what you want to learn. Then look at the registration options. If you choose not to register at the Office of Continuing Education or by mail, mark your calendar for January 12, 2015, and attend our Open House, where you may also register. Note, however, that registration is first come, first served, so your desired class may be full by Open House.
- Internet address change. Our web address has changed from www.aikenseniornet.com to www.mcgrathclc.com. Please change all your favorites or bookmarks to the new address www.mcgrathclc.com. We will be discontinuing use of www.aikenseniornet.com in the next few months. If you should encounter a broken link within our web site as a result of this change, please let the webmaster know at email@example.com.
- Did you know that the Learning Center is now on Facebook? Check out our page at http://facebook.com/mcgrathclc.
- Take our online feedback survey. We need your input to develop our courses and workshops for future terms. Help us out and take the opportunity to tell us what you would like to see us teach.
- If you have a specific question about our organization, check our our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page. It presents answers to many questions about the McGrath Computer Learning Center and its courses and workshops.
If you have a question about our classes, or would like to be added to our catalog mailing list, or want to provide feedback on our web site, please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call us at (803) 641-3563.
McGrath Computer Learning Center
Office of Conferences and Continuing Education
University of South Carolina Aiken
471 University Parkway
Aiken, SC 29801
Please add our site to the Bookmarks/Favorites in your web browser. You may do this easily by pressing the Ctrl and D keys together now.
Holding area for text that may be reused after editing:
- Workshops are two-hour classes that meet one time and focus on a specific topic. If you can't fit a full four- or eight-week course into your schedule, perhaps you can fit a workshop in. Descriptions of all our workshops can be found here. Registration for a workshop can be made at any time up to 2 days before the workshop is held. The workshops scheduled for the remainder of the Winter Session are:
%p font-size='1em' padding='10px' mar