The McGrath Computer Learning Center was formerly Aiken SeniorNet. Read about the change below.
We can teach you to use your computer, regardless of your experience level, in a relaxed manner tailored to adults. We are here to help you improve your computer skills. If you have never used a computer, we will get you started with our beginning courses. If you know the basics and want to refine your skills, we will help you with our advanced courses. For more information, contact us.
What Does "Formerly Aiken Seniornet" Mean?
After a 15-year, productive association with SeniorNet, the McGrath Computer Learning Center at USCA is now an independent local organization. As of January 1, 2015, we are an incorporated, tax-exempt organization associated with the Office of Continuing Education at the University of South Carolina Aiken. Download our new flyer (PDF format) and print it to have a handy resource about the Learning Center, including how to contact us.
We value our years with SeniorNet and more than 5,000 students in the Aiken community have taken our SeniorNet courses. The landscape in the computer world is changing with emphasis on tablet computers and social media. We believe we can provide better service to the community as an independent organization. Our courses are now all new, shorter, and more streamlined. Check out the course schedule and the registration options.
The Learning Center is still in the same place, in the same business, and with the same group of dedicated volunteers. But now, when you think SeniorNet, change your thought to McGrath Computer Learning Center.
Current News and Announcements
- NEW!! Sign-up for our mailing list online. You may now sign-up for our email list and/or our printed catalog mailing list online. Go to the sign-up form page here.
- Still Time to Register. There is still time to register for a course or short course for the Spring session, which will be held from April through May. See the scheduled courses here. You may register for any course up until the Wednesday before the first class is held. Call 803-641-3563 for information.
- Tablet Users Group. Check out the March meeting notes and plan to attend the April 16 meeting.
- Internet address change. Our web address has changed from www.aikenseniornet.com to www.mcgrathclc.com. Please change all your favorites or bookmarks to the new address www.mcgrathclc.com. As of April 17, 2015, www.aikenseniornet.com will not work and will return a "not found" message.
- Tell Us What You Want. Take our online feedback survey. We need your input to develop our courses and workshops for future terms. Help us out and take the opportunity to tell us what you would like to see us teach.
- Have a Question? If you have a question about our organization, check our our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page. It presents answers to many questions about the McGrath Computer Learning Center and its courses. If you don't find an answer there, please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call us at (803) 641-3563.
McGrath Computer Learning Center
Office of Conferences and Continuing Education
University of South Carolina Aiken
471 University Parkway
Aiken, SC 29801
Please add our site to the Bookmarks/Favorites in your web browser. You may do this easily by pressing the Ctrl and D keys together now.
Holding area for text that may be reused after editing:
- Workshops are two-hour classes that meet one time and focus on a specific topic. If you can't fit a full four- or eight-week course into your schedule, perhaps you can fit a workshop in. Descriptions of all our workshops can be found here. Registration for a workshop can be made at any time up to 2 days before the workshop is held. The workshops scheduled for the remainder of the Winter Session are:
%p font-size='1em' padding='10px' mar